The State of Georgia offers quite a number of social services and benefits to its needy residents. If you are one such needy Georgia resident, you can access the said social services and benefits using the Georgia COMPASS website. We will be describing how you can go about using the site.
An overview of the Georgia COMPASS website
Rather than having many separate websites where needy residents can access the various types of social services and benefits, the state of Georgia has set up a single website for the purpose. That website is known as the Common Point of Access to Social Services (COMPASS). Among the social services/benefits that are accessible through that website are things like food stamps, temporary assistance for needy families (welfare), housing assistance, Medicaid and energy assistance. Other social services/benefits accessible through the GA COMPASS website are things like food assistance, child support services, Block Grant funds, child care, aging services… and several others. You can find information pertaining to how all those social services/benefits are administered on the COMPASS website. It is also on that website where you can check whether you are actually eligible for the social services/benefits, and proceed to submit applications for the same.
Computing resources necessary for you to access and use the Georgia COMPASS website
You don’t need much, in terms of computing resources, to access and use the Georgia COMPASS website. So long as you have a computer that is connected to the Internet, or a reasonably good Internet-enabled phone, you are good to go.
Creating an account on the COMPASS website
To create a COMPASS account, go to the COMPASS website, and then click on ‘MyCOMPASS Account’. Then, on the page you are taken to, click on the ‘Create Account’ button.
Logging onto your COMPASS account
To log onto an existing COMPASS account, go to the COMPASS website, and once you are there, click on ‘MyCOMPASS Account’. Then, on the page that follows, click on the ‘Login’ button. Enter the required details, to log in.
Performing functions on the COMPASS website
- To see whether you qualify for various services, click on the ‘Am I eligible’ icon.
- To apply for the benefits, click on the ‘Apply for Benefits’ icon. Note that you may not be able to enter online applications during certain days/hours.
- To check the status of an application you already made for social services/benefits on the COMPASS website, click on the ‘Application Status Check’ icon. Note that you can only perform this function (of checking for application statuses) between 7 in the morning and 7 in the evening.
- GA COMPASS Website:
- GA Compass Frequently Asked Questions
- Georgia Division of Family and Children Services